Sublimation Transfer Pressing Instructions
YOU MUST HAVE A HEAT PRESS TO PROCEED WITH THESE TRANSFERS, AN IRON WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY!
The following instructions are my guide to pressing a sublimation transfer, please understand each heat press is different. If this is your first time using a sublimation transfer you may want to do a test tun to get the pressure and temperature exactly right.
SUBLIMATION SHIRT REMINDERS:
1. Shirt must be at least 50% polyester.
2. 100% polyester provides the brightest and best results.
3. Anything less than that will slowly become more faded/vintage looking with a less % of polyester the more times it is washed.
4. White or Light-Colored shirts ONLY! The darker the shirt the less likely it is for the image to appear. Images will not appear on Black Shirts.
5. All white areas of the transfer will not print. No White will print!
SUBLIMATION SHIRT INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat the heat press to 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Set pressure at medium. (Insert a dollar bill and close the heat press, you should not be able to pull the dollar bill out.)
3. Use a lint roller to roll the shirt to ensure it’s completely clean.
4. (Optional): I like to slightly tear the edges of the transfer to create a softer edge, less the chance of hard lines pressed on the fabric. With the transfer print facing you, tear the edges about 1/8”, pulling toward you. Be careful not to tear the print. 5. Place spacer sheet inside the shirt to avoid ghosting from happening on the back of the garment.
6. Place garment on heat press and prepress the garment for 3-5 seconds to remove any moisture in the garment.
7. Place transfer print side down on the garment.
8. Cover the transfer print to avoid ink from coming through the top onto the press. 9. Press garment 45-55 seconds.
10. Remove paper immediately and peel hot.
11. TAAADAAA!!! You now have an amazing new shirt!
SUBLIMATION CAR COASTER REMINDERS:
1. All white areas of the transfer will not print. No White will print!
SANDSTONE CAR COASTER INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat the heat press to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Tip: Use a magic eraser to wipe the top of the coaster, then wipe again with a clean cloth to remove any small debris.
3. Hover transfer under open heat press for 10 seconds to dry excess moisture.
4. Cover the bottom table of the press with a sheet of protective paper.
5. Secure transfer to substrate using ProSpray.
6. Place substrate face up, with attached transfer face down, on top of protective paper on bottom table.
7. Top with protective paper and press for 90 seconds.
8. TAAADAAA!!! You now have an amazing new car coaster!
RUBBER CAR COASTER INSTRUCTIONS:
Hover transfer under open heat press for 10 seconds to dry excess moisture.
1. Cover the bottom table of the press with a sheet of protective paper.
2. Lint roll the image area of the substrate.
3. Secure transfer to substrate using ProSpray.
4. Place substrate face up, with attached transfer face down, on top of protective paper on bottom table.
5. Top with protective paper and press for 60 seconds.
6. TAAADAAA!!! You now have an amazing new car coaster!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you as much as possible along the way!